The result of Dakota's awesome group writing prompt.
You guys should try it, seriously~
-----------------------
This is Guam:
1 year after gaining independence
Slower paced. Bicycles. More "green." Guamanians are more politically aware; more globally aware. The life we will live from now on is better for the earth; more diverse. Less people? Easy living. A retirement spot.
5 years after
Factories have been built to bring in revenue for Guam. The people are very active in political issues. Many if the people that relocated on the island are retirees enjoying life in the Pacific.
10 years after
Since retirees are enjoying the life in the Pacific, Guam is not on the map, along with its neighbors like the Philippines and Japan. People enjoy the island's popular foods and whatever else the island culture has to offer. As people grow more political, the Chamorro language is now spoken in court. Half the island now converses in Chamorro. Guam celebrates a new holiday, their 10th Independence Day, the biggest fiesta ever! :D
20 years after
I am 40 years old entering my midlife crisis. I now realize that I've spent half of my life living on an Independent Guam. Adjusting has been difficult, but the island ### it and now we are a happy and independent island, embracing our culture like we've never embraced it before.
30 years after
I'm fricken 50 years OLD!!! But damn Guam is so fricken fun. Independent Guahan scientists did research that coconuts make you feel like you're 20 again. So i'm training for my cross island race next month. I met a really nice retired U.S. person who's here on vacation and we . . .
40 years after
end up marrying so I can get dual citizenship. But we stay on Guam because of the overabundance of coconuts. We take a Chamorro martial arts class together and are both in really good shape because we take our bikes everywhere. We have conversations in cafes about how poverty is becoming less of a problem and how Guam can model what we do to poorer countries.
in 50 years
I enjoy traveling to the different cultures and nations that we've become allies with and they actually know where Guam is! OMG! People from other places love coming here to relax. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment